|ATLANTIC KAYAK ASSOCIATION:
Waiver, Indemnification and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Atlantic Kayak Association and related events and activities, the undersigned, for him/herself, his/her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin:
1. Agrees that prior to participating, he/she will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he/she believes anything is unsafe, he/she will immediately advise his/her group leader of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledges and fully understands that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses to person or property which might result not only from his/her own actions, inaction or negligence, but also the actions, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assumes all the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for any and all loss, liability, damages or costs following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the Atlantic Kayak Association, it's administrators, other members, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the activity, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releasees," from any and all claims, liability, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. Agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned, for any purpose participating in an Atlantic Kayak Association activity.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE, UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGNS IT VOLUNTARILY.